Chocolate … who can resist it? The smell, the taste, the smooth texture … Not to mention its health benefits. Even the very idea of a chocolate square melting in my mouth makes me want it. And I mean: want it now!
Today, I’m going to give you a really simple recipe of my very favorite chocolate fondant, also known as Molten Chocolate or LAVA CAKE. It is cakey on the outside with an irresistable center of warm dark chocolate flowing through the middle. And, what’s extremely important: It is super-easy to make in less than 30 minutes.
100g dark chocolate
50g butter + a little butter to spread over the dessert rings
4 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
a pinch of salt
Toppings: powdered sugar, ice-cream, berries, whatever you choose.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Grease the dessert rings with butter (for this recipe I used two 9 cm rings)
- Melt chocolate and butter either in the microwave or on a double-boiler on low heat until both are melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Combine the two mixtures, slowly adding the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into greased dessert rings.
- Bake for 8 – 9 minutes only. The center of the cakes should be risen, but not cracked.
Let the Lava Cake rest for 1 – 2 minutes, then carefully place them on a plate. Decorate with the desired toppings and serve immediately as it’s warm.